Electrical panel issues are often the result of:
- An older panel that needs upgrading
- Improper installation
- Wear and tear from weather, sunlight, and moisture
- Faulty panels from defunct manufacturers
Whether you need a new installation, repair, or electrical panel upgrade in Toledo, OH, All Seasons’ licensed and insured Mister Sparky electricians get the job done right.
How old is your electrical panel?
A panel upgrade may improve performance if you live in an older home or have recently added newer energy-consuming appliances. An upgraded panel also protects your home or business and the safety of everyone in it. Out-of-date electrical panels that no longer function optimally could potentially start an electrical fire.
When your Toledo electrical panel celebrates its 20th birthday, it’s time to consider a replacement. Here’s how you can tell if you’re a candidate for a panel replacement:
- Flickering or dimming lights even after changing bulbs – When your electrical system is spread too thin, flickering lights is an early warning sign. You can either trim back electric use or consider electrical panel replacement.
- Constantly tripping breakers / blown fuses – A fuse box is another sign you’re due for an upgrade. They’ve been considered less safe than circuit breakers for decades. If your circuit breaker keeps tripping, you might also need a new electrical panel.
- Circuit surges – Part of the circuit breaker’s job is to regulate surges and if it’s not doing so correctly, give us a call.
- Crackling or buzzing sounds from the electrical panel – Your panel should be silent. If you’re hearing your electrical appliances, contact the manufacturer, but if it’s coming from your electrical panel, contact All Seasons immediately.
- Discolored electrical panel – It’s good practice to have your electrical panel visually inspected regularly. Check for rust or discoloration. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, contact All Seasons. We can schedule a comprehensive Mister Sparky electrical panel inspection in Toledo.
- The smell of overheated wires coming from the electrical panel – If you’re also able to smell something burning coming from your electrical panel, it’s time to contact us to have one of our licensed electricians investigate.
- Issues with recently installed appliances, electronics, or systems – This is a common sign that an electrical panel replacement is needed.
Safe & Effective Toledo Electrical Panel Repair
An aging or malfunctioning electrical panel can be hazardous. Call All Seasons. We’ll send a licensed Mister Sparky electrician to inspect at the first sign of a problem. If a replacement is needed, they’re trained to get the job done right the first time.